Wednesday, April 30, 2008

HUMPHREY LYTTELTON IS DEAD :(

Maybe I should start off every post with an announcement about dead people I liked. Though there's not many celebrities/artists I actually like, thinking about it. And I doubt they'd agree to conveniently pop their clogs just before each of my posts. Ah well.

Anyway I AM MOVING. To Manchester, the Capital of the North. I'm moving in with Tasha and Pete, and replacing Soph, in what people are already calling "the house where only people who used to have something to do with the Superkings can live". Actually Pete's moving out too shortly, so hopefully we can find someone to move in from the group of twenty or so other people who used to be in the Superkings.

I am quite excited about this (well, as excited as I ever get about anything) as hopefully it'll be a bit of a new start after the downward spiral of my last year or so in Lancaster and then the two years of limbo in Charlbury. Of course it all hangs on me getting a job ASAP so I may well be forced to try to reenter the heady world of retail for a while as I carry on looking for something more permanent. I'm going to have a housewarming party the weekend after I arrive which hopefully more than five people will turn up to, then the weekend after that it's ATP time again. I'm going to be truly skint this time, so I guess my plan will revolve around getting some Tesco Value vodka to take with me and just drink that in the cabin and then try desperately not to sober up while sitting around inside the big tent. Maybe I could sneak a hipflask in with me. REBEL. Whatever my monetary/sobriety situation ends up being I'm very much looking forward to seeing Sunset Rubdown and Animal Collective live, plus many other cool bands like Battles and Broken Social Scene and some Wu Tang dudes.

But I'm sure you're not interested in my musical or locational plans. No, what you're here for is your insatiable desire to find out how I'm currently doing on Facebook's Compare People. You've been kept up at night wondering about it, trying to place bets at the bookies, drawing charts to put on your wall, carving "OK TO NOTIFY WINNER" into your arm. You're sick. You make me sick. But I can't help but feel partially responsible so here are my latest stats. Now for god's sake go get some professional help.

Today's mp3 is courtesy of the new album by Canadian boat-botherers Wolf Parade. It is, to quote Dave, rad. Though of course Dave wouldn't actually like this song as it was recorded after 1985.

Wolf Parade - California Dreamer

No comments: